Illustrator - Promotion Package


For my final illustrator project, I was given the task to create a promotion set for a company. Using designs I had last year for a logo assignment, I created a set for our Comm Tech class. Creating the logo was probably the easiest part of this assignment, I decided to go with a simple and colourful approach, creating an eye catching TV as the company’s avatar. The hardest part of this project was finding the proper dimensions, the tutorial I used didn’t seem to give the sizes necessary for each artboard, so I did my own research and judgement on them. I learned about artboards, which is something I never really took advantage of in the past. It was really helpful to see all my files together, making it easy to ensure all my cards/ads were coordinated and looked put together.  Another challenge I faced was actually creating something that looked appealing to audiences and would increase traffic for this company. Overall, I don’t think this was my best work but I want to explore marketing in graphic design and improve my skills.

To be honest, this was probably my least favourite part of the graphics assignments. Between the confusion of dimensions and the time crunch, I found myself stuck on the creative process and struggled quite a bit with the designs and messages I wanted to convey through this file. I think the final product turned out a little messy and there are mistakes that I saw only after downloading and handing in the file that I wasn't able to retouch.

I think that this was a good learning experience though, I found out how to organize artboards (and what artboards are in general). I definitely want to continue to improve my design and marketing skills in the future and I think I can achieve that through creating multiple versions of this promotion package for different companies to expand my experience.

Tutorial: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tn4Xpx_RbuGOQavWswhY0iN_qLZrzOU1/view

Popular posts from this blog

Photoshop - Surrealism

Illustrator - Vector Portrait

Social Media Blog Post